HOME       VOLUNTEER OVERSEAS       BLOGS

Monday 6 November 2017

Introduction from Team Zomba Plateaupus


Hi from team Zomba! We are the second cohort sent to Zomba, Malawi. Welcome to our blog post and intro from all the members of team Zomba Plateaupus. We will be posting more exciting entries during our placement so stay tuned. 

Liane
Muli Bwanji! I’m Liane, one of the leaders in Zomba Plateaupus team. I’m from the UK but also feel at home in Malawi and can’t wait to do some good work here with the team.  You’ll often find me at the tailor getting colourful clothes made, or wandering around the trees and monkeys in the botanical garden. 
Samson
Hi, I am Samson James the in-country team leader, currently leading Zomba team. It’s really going on amazingly well here. Being in the second cohort I have developed team skills and making friends. I like my new team because all the volunteers are dedicated and hence very easy to get along with.
Bryn
My name is Bryn Williams, I’m from Leicestershire, I’m 18 and I’m a music geek, I’m in an indie-rock band. I’ve settled in quick and am part of a great team, the lifestyle in Zomba is great and something I have fallen in love with already, I look forward to the weeks we have here!
Diana
Hi there! I am Diana Wanjagi, a UKV. First time visiting Malawi and loving it. The people are so welcoming and so is the environment. In terms of my placement in Zomba, I couldn’t be happier. We started at a high note and hoping to carry on with that trend. My teammates are quite helpful. Moreover, our team leaders are supportive, bless them. Looking forward for a beautiful experience in the warm heart of Africa.
Emily
Hi guys, I’m Emily and I am one of the UK volunteers here in Zomba, Malawi. I just turned 22 and had my birthday here in Malawi which is unforgettable and fantastic. I’m from Surrey and am a massive bookworm. I am loving Zomba; the area is stunning; the people are friendly and there are monkeys in the botanical garden. My team is an amazing bunch and our time here will be brilliant. I am running the blog posts and communications.
Hazel
Hello, I am Hazel Nyaluso, in country volunteer in Zomba Plateaupus  team, I’m having too much fun here in Zomba. Everyone is amazing and it’s such an awesome experience; I love doing youth empowerment sessions and motivational speaking which I am good at, changing lives one person at a time.
Jack
I am Jack, a chilled guy who likes making friends and am enjoying every experience with the Zomba Plateaupus team. My role in the team is to do the Monitoring & Evaluation reports.
John
Hi, I am John, the first thing you need to know about me is that I don’t like talking about myself. But anyway, here we are. I am one of the UK volunteers and applied to volunteer for ICS after completing my studies in the humanities. After my tenure at university learning about the theory of sustainable development, I thought it a good idea to learn the practical side of sustainable development; so here I am.
Mwayi
Hello guys. My name is Mwayiwawo Chitsamaba, in country ICS volunteer, working in Zomba with YONECO. I am friendly and humble ask our mum (Liane) and dad (Samson). I like team Zomba Plateaupus, I have a lot to learn from the team, every member in the team is a lesson to me. But the three-month period is too short! Please extend it!
Wezzie
Hello, I am Wezzie Amina Banda, an in-country volunteer for ICS, Team Zomba Plateaupus. I am loving it here. My teammates are just awesome, I am learning a lot from this placement while educating others as well, especially the youth on different topics of life skills. We have started so well and we are good!!!!!




Team Zomba at the beautiful Botanical Gardens













No comments:

Post a Comment